Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 month old refusing morning feed

(3 Posts)
Ribex Mon 29-Aug-11 11:07:57

Hi

My four month old has refused his 10am feed for the last 4 or 5 days. He cut his first tooth at the weekend, so it could very well just be down to that, but I thought now the tooth has come through that he'd take the feed again.

It's throwing my whole routine out of whack. I'm not sure when to feed him again, and also I've started giving him solids but I know that the milk is more important, so I don't want to give him any solids when he's dropping a feed.

Any advice?

Seona1973 Mon 29-Aug-11 13:50:33

what other feeds is he having and how often/when are you giving solids? For the moment I would lay off the solids and see if his milk intake picks up again

Ribex Mon 29-Aug-11 20:00:07

Hi Seona

He has a feed whenever he wakes in the morning, between 4.30 and 6.30 and then possibly a top-up at around 7.30 if he woke up early. Then (until recently) he has a big feed at 10am.

The afternoon feed is usually at around 2pm, with another at 6pm. I then feed him at about 10.30 (tho he doesn't really wake up for this one).

I had been introducing some "first tastes" of solids at around 11ish, after the 10am feed.

This has been pretty regular until the last week or so, but as I said, he's teething so it could all be done to that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now