Talk

Advanced search

Baby not had a bottle since 8am yesterday!

(9 Posts)
suzym1984 Sat 27-Aug-11 19:53:06

Hi!

For the last few days my DS has been off milk, maybe only having 2 bottles a day (8oz each) which was ok as I then put a few oz in his food throughout the day.

Yesterday he woke up and had 8oz in a bottle and I thought that he was back on milk, but since then he has refused every bottle offered (and I have been offering regularly and before his solids). He is eating solids ok (and I am putting as much milk in as I can) but I know that milk should be the main thing! Rang HV and she said not to panic as he is having food and will drink waterm he has had plenty of wet/ dirty nappies too. But I cant help worrying!!!!

Bluetinkerbell Sat 27-Aug-11 20:03:37

Try cup feeding! He might not drink as much as from a bottle but at least he will get some milk in.

suzym1984 Sat 27-Aug-11 20:05:21

Sorry, I should have said, I have tried! He has cups which he drinks water from with no problem. If i put milk in as soon as it hits his mouth he lets it dribble back out and wont drink any more!

Bluetinkerbell Sat 27-Aug-11 20:59:07

ah sorry... hmm I'd suggest try to give him some more dairy in another way, yoghurts or so?

TheRealMBJ Sat 27-Aug-11 21:23:05

How old?

suzym1984 Sat 27-Aug-11 21:45:13

Sorry, my OP was rubbish! He is 6.5mnths.

I have been giving him dairy when I can, but I am still worried and confused about why he wont have his milk??

Thanks for replying though :-)

TheRealMBJ Sun 28-Aug-11 23:34:07

Has he got any signs that he may be poorly or have an upset tummy etc?

If not, it may be that he is filling up on solids and therefore just not Hungry for his milk.

They only need 21oz of milk a day from 6mths (that a rough amount) and can be in form of milk or dairy products so add unsalted butter to food, give yogurts etc.

Most babies at 6mths once solids well established can cut down to 3 feeds a day anyway.

suzym1984 Mon 29-Aug-11 21:59:45

Hi, thanks for the replies!

He has no signs of being unwell, and seems well in himself. Sleeping well, happy etc.

He has started having his morning bottle (8oz) but thats it!!! I am struggling to get the other 12oz into food! I dont know what to do :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now