Talk

Advanced search

When your periods returned after stopping breastfeeding, did you ever miss one?

(9 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Sat 27-Aug-11 17:43:14

I bf' for 6 months, finished in may. MI have had two periods since, once very light almost non existent and on very heavy.

This month though I am 3 days late and this is very unusal for me.

No chance of being pregnant due to dh having a snip.

Worried it could mean something is wrong

bytheMoonlight Sat 27-Aug-11 17:43:45

excuse typos, baby is trying to help me type!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 27-Aug-11 17:48:55

Didn't miss one but the days between my periods changed at first. I'd leave it another week before you worry, unless your instincts are telling you to get it checked now.

bytheMoonlight Sat 27-Aug-11 18:31:11

I'm trying not to worry as I know 3 days is nothing really.

BartletForAmerica Sat 27-Aug-11 19:58:51

My periods have been slightly more erratic (26-30 days compared to exactly 24 days pre-pregnancy) since periods returned, although I am still BFing.

Although your DH has had a vasectomy, if AF doesn't appear, I'd get a pregnancy test. Nothing is foolproof, so worth excluding.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 28-Aug-11 12:37:18

Mine are fairly regular but will vary from 30-35 days each time, they were like that before though.

AngelDog Sun 28-Aug-11 21:02:07

Kellymom has some info and links - I think erratic periods are fairly normal when re-starting your cycles after BF.

Mine have always been erratic, though, with a range of about 32 - 70+ days between cycles. I have often missed periods when particularly tired or stressed though (eg uni exams).

naturalbaby Sun 28-Aug-11 21:06:07

mine were totally normal and regular after my first 2 babies but now all over the place. a couple of weeks apart, then missed one, then regular cycle and now feel like i'm ovulating straight after one confused. it's been 4months since they started back up again and i've not had a 'normal' month at all.

Sleepglorioussleep Sun 28-Aug-11 21:49:09

Had slightly irregular periods that started when I had eight hours or so not feeding at night, hadn't stopped feeding. It was quite a while, nearly a year before I got that long at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now