Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to reintroduce breast feeds after replacing some feeds with bottles?

(4 Posts)
gateacre1 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:05:09

Not really sure how to explain this but here goes..

I am going on Holiday soon and currently I BF my 8m dd twice ( in the night and mornings) and give bottles during the day.

While on holiday is it possible to offer breast when I normally bottle feed... will there be enough milk?? will my body start to produce more milk?

Just thought it would be a real faff having to do bottles and sterilising etc while on holiday.

any thoughts?

drcrab Sat 27-Aug-11 10:12:59

depends on how long you've 'not bf' frequently... if that makes sense. I'd say bf on demand will help you produce more as the days go by but it may not be immediate. obviously if you're eating/drinking frequently that helps with the milk supply too. But it might mean that your daughter will get more attached and then not want to go back to bottles after you're back? My DD is 11 months old and is vv attached to boob. at nursery she doesn't drink any milk!

Where are you going on holiday? Can you bring the ready packs of Aptamil so that you don't have to worry about water quality etc?

gateacre1 Sat 27-Aug-11 10:24:20

thanks for your reply drcrab
we are going to a Greek Island buy flying with Easy jet so the weight restrictions are quite strict so I think it rules out the ready made cartons

I will maybe try to reintroduce one or two feeds and see what happens

Cosmosis Sat 27-Aug-11 11:18:27

how long have you been mix-feeding? I'm not an expert, but you may need to start re-introducing feeds now to build your supply back up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now