Talk

Advanced search

I don't know if this is the correct topic but here goes....

(7 Posts)
LilRedWG Fri 26-Aug-11 23:20:24

DS is 6.5 months and still feeding in the night, in fact the past couple of weeks he has been feeding every three hours at night instead of his usual 11pm and 3am and I'm exhausted. He eats lots of solid food but if anything his milk intake is upped. My supply hasn't dropped, so it's not that. Please tell me that he will magically start sleeping through next week.

Yours hopefully...

Babieseverywhere Sat 27-Aug-11 00:04:58

I do hope he starts magically sleeping through next week smile

If you don't do already, it might be worth nursing DS before feeding him solids. So he is filling up on the higher calorie breastmilk and just filling in the gaps with lower calorie weaning food.

HappyAsASandboy Sat 27-Aug-11 00:33:37

I don't know if you want to hear this, but my twins started feeding more in the night at 6.5/7 month too. Eventually they were feeding 2 or three times each between midnight and 6am.

Things improved at about 9 months, when the feeds dropped to 1 or 2 feeds each. They still feed this often now (10 months). But then they've never slept through in a regular basis.

I hope your sleep improves soon smile

differentnameforthis Sat 27-Aug-11 01:07:31

There is a growth spurt at 6mths, I believe.

But I can't promise on the sleeping...

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 27-Aug-11 09:11:19

There is a growth spurt around 6 months so this may be a temporary thing <crosses fingers and looks hopeful>.

Agree with Babies, try bfing an hour before offering solids as this may help as may offering him more protein in his diet.

Thought you might like this too.

organiccarrotcake Sat 27-Aug-11 09:32:58

jilted's link is great. This is also good:

www.askdrsears.com/topics/sleep-problems/night-weaning-12-alternatives-all-night-nurser

LilRedWG Sat 27-Aug-11 22:10:30

Thanks all. Am lying in a tent hoping that DS doesn't keep the whole site awake tonight. I'll read the links when I get home.

Last night wasn't too bad (only. one feed between midnight and morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now