Talk

Advanced search

Bottom wind!

(3 Posts)
JeewizzJen Fri 26-Aug-11 17:37:11

Hiya, not sure if this is the best place to post this...but hopefully there's some good MN advice here!

My DS is 8 weeks, and EBF. He burps pretty well, but seems to get really bad bottom wind that causes him to wriggle and fidget (and fart!) for half the night, waking him up frequently. It doesn't often get to the point of crying, but just leaves us both with a crap nights sleep.

I've tried evening tummy massage, and the bicycle legs/knees up and rocking moves but nothing seems to have helped (admittedly I'm not doing those things in the middle of the night though!). I've not yet tried anything like gripe water.

Does anyone have any tips to help him be more comfortable??

eightyone Fri 26-Aug-11 17:52:55

Mine has problems with this early in the morning. I have no real solution but one thing that helps is that I him on a playmat on the bedroom floor when he starts wriggling and farting (while he is still asleep) so he can move around more and get them out himself mlore easily than he can in his moses basket. I found he kept bumping the sideas of the basket while wriggling and he kept waking himself up.

I also bicycle his legs and lift his legs together andbring them up to his chest. He tends to do this himself actually and he gets lots out by doing it.

snowchick1977 Fri 26-Aug-11 18:20:54

We had this with our daughter at about 5 weeks, she was in such pain. We tried infacol which seems to have worked, along with holding her quite tight to our chest with her on her side and he legs dangling off the end of a pillow. This tended to bring the farts on.

Also putting her in the car seat seemed to be the right position to expel the farts, howefer i understand that this isnt possible in the middle of the night.

The infacol just brakes down the air bubbles in the tummy i think and you could hear the popping

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now