Talk

Advanced search

Can i start expressing whilst son as oral thrush and I have nipple thrush?

(4 Posts)
JimmyChoo17 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:20:29

Can i start expressing whilst son as oral thrush and I have nipple thrush? Not to freeze but to use same day or within fridge expiry?

Ive starts treating using dktarin gel for on and the daktarin cream for my nipples.

If yes...
Would sterilising equipment be enough to remove any contaminants?

Son has very few White spots in mouth I have none just the soreness associated with it....

If u have had it similar...how long did it take to clear and digit ever spread to babys gut?

mawbroon Thu 25-Aug-11 09:53:27

I think it is ok as long as you are using the milk fairly soon.

If it were me, I would probably try to avoid it unless it was absolutely neccessary so I could eliminate it as a possible source of reinfection.

You will also need to make sure that all the bottles/teats etc are really well sterilised as it can linger on them and reinfect.

have you seen this from the breastfeeding network?

mawbroon Thu 25-Aug-11 09:54:54

lol @ really well sterilised. Obviously they are either sterile or they are not!

What I am getting at is make sure that you follow the sterilising procedure thoroughly. A wash with hot soapy water is not always enough to kill off the thrush.

Cosmosis Thu 25-Aug-11 10:21:18

As long as you use the milk while you are both still infected, yes. Also agree with mawbroon about the over thorough sterilisation wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now