Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

16 week old 'cluster feeding' in the morning

(4 Posts)
LittleMilla Tue 23-Aug-11 19:20:13

For the last couple of weeks my DS has started to cluster feed in the mornings. He is currently sleeping (most of the time) from 7pm, then he's dreamfed at 10:30pm and will then wake up between 4am-5am.

I feed him at 4am, then he'll wake up at about 6am when he wants feeding again, and he'll go back to sleep until about 8am, when he wants more boob. Often, he'll then want yet more boob after his morning nap, so about 9:45am/10am. For the rest of the day he'll go between 3-4 hours.

I wouldn't be too concerned as I feel that it's prob linked to his growth spurt, but he's started doing lots of quite watery poos. We've had four today - one proper one and the others are greenish and very watery. Each feed is pretty substantial, so not sure if it could be hind/fore milk issue.

Oh, and I think he's beginning to teeth - he's chewing on everything and we've got A LOT of dribble.

Any advice appreciated - just want to check that he's OK and whether I ought to be trying to wean him off all of these morning feeds. He's 80th percentile...so not starving!

Thanks

RitaMorgan Tue 23-Aug-11 19:23:54

I don't know if 2 hourly feeds is a cluster feed - sounds normal to me grin My ds always fed more frequently in the morning and then they spaced out to about 2.5-3 hourly later in the day.

The teething is probably giving him watery nappies as they swallow lots of saliva.

nearlytherenow Tue 23-Aug-11 21:55:52

This is exactly the same pattern that my 17 week old DS has adopted. We also have watery nappies and I think he might be teething. But I'm sure it's fine - he'll go 3 hours between feeds at least a couple of times in the day, so I assume he's OK. His elder brother used to feed all morning (literally we would not get off the sofa from about 7 -11!!) for pretty much the first 6 months of his life!

LittleMilla Wed 24-Aug-11 16:13:05

Thanks for replies, good to know that it's normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now