Talk

Advanced search

hot breasts(!)

(11 Posts)
DontShootTheDog Tue 23-Aug-11 15:27:05

DS is 8 weeks and EBF. Due to over supply and fast let down he often feeds fussily and so not that effectively sometimes. I had had/am getting help for these issues but I have noticed my breasts are really tender and very hot - much hotter than the rest of my body. Is this normal? Every time DS1 (3) comes near me I am crossing my arms to protect them from unintentional knocks!

Madlizzy Tue 23-Aug-11 15:28:10

Might be worth getting checked for mastitis.

DontShootTheDog Tue 23-Aug-11 16:32:34

Thanks. Would there be any other symptoms? I feel ok though slightly swollen glands and sore throat - put it down to lack of sleep though!

Madlizzy Tue 23-Aug-11 16:35:10

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mastitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx Have a look at this. I've not ever had it, but this might be useful for you. Keep feeding as much as you can too.

Madlizzy Tue 23-Aug-11 16:35:23

www.nhs.uk/conditions/mastitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

DontShootTheDog Tue 23-Aug-11 16:42:00

Thanks, off to check for redness in mirror! Feeds have been dropped in the night so it is possible. Thanks for your help.

Mampig Tue 23-Aug-11 17:17:53

Slightly off topic but my ds is 8 wo. How did you get night feeds dropped? I'm still feeding twice- i thinkblush- and would love to reduce these? I know it's so early fir bf babies but my other dcs - all ff by this stage- had started sleeping through by now. Am I being really unrealistic???confused

carpwidow Tue 23-Aug-11 17:20:50

Hi, old-fashioned remedy that works - put cabbage leaves on your boobs. Honestly - it does help.

DontShootTheDog Tue 23-Aug-11 17:25:55

Hi Mampig - I didn't do anything, he just strated sleeping longer! I think it is early but he is very big so I think that helps. I wouldn't have done anyhting, I think you just have to wait it out, though it can be very hard i know. DS1 slept through by 6 weeks and was also EBF! Try to keep up the BF, you have done well to get this far and it will get better

Mampig Tue 23-Aug-11 22:55:32

Thankssmile. Here's hoping!!! Hope you work out ok!!

Pinkseren Tue 23-Aug-11 23:05:05

Sounds like mastitis to me. I had it and was as you've described- hot breasts and feeling a bit under the weather/ emotional. I did not have redness and was prescribed antibiotics for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now