Talk

Advanced search

Another worried post...

(5 Posts)
jenna13 Mon 22-Aug-11 19:39:25

The past 3/4 days my 5 and a half wo dd doesn't seem to be feeding as much. She will have 1 or 2 feeds that last 10 mins ish and the rest are all about 5 mins, sometimes less. I can't get her to take anymore she just gets annoyed. Otherwise she seems her normal self. I can't help but stress about her not getting enough. Is this sort of thing normal?

Paschaelina Mon 22-Aug-11 19:41:55

I would say yes. She's just getting more efficient at it smile. As long as the nappies are flowing and she's happy and healthy I would just go with the flow.

Paschaelina Mon 22-Aug-11 19:42:33

My Boy used to average 4-5 mins in total sometimes.

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 22-Aug-11 19:43:26

It may be that she is just getting more efficient at feeding. If she seems otherwise fine (plenty of wet and dirty nappies, periods of alertness, putting on weight), then I woudn't worry too much. Both of mine were fairly quick feeders after the early days.

jenna13 Mon 22-Aug-11 19:49:44

Thanks, that's what my mum said too smile just can't turn off the worrying part of my brain. Still plenty of dirty nappies which I assume are wet too? She also still manages to wee on my a couple of times a day so I'll take that as a positive sign grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now