Talk

Advanced search

2 week old, breastfed baby, going 5/6 hrs between night feeds?

(12 Posts)
lilbitneurotic Mon 22-Aug-11 11:20:54

As above, panicking this is too long and I should be waking baby but I've been out for the count.

Anyone else get this long between feeds?

Or any advice on whether I should wake baby?

Cosmosis Mon 22-Aug-11 11:55:20

are there any issure wrt weight gain etc?

going Mon 22-Aug-11 11:57:20

My dd2 went for 10 -12 hours a night without feeding for the first 3 months of her life. Unless there are weightgain issues make the most of it!

numptysmummy Mon 22-Aug-11 12:00:50

If all is well enjoy! However,dc4 went from 3 hrly to 6hrs at 10 days old and after 2 nights of that it became clear she was poorly and that was why the longer gap.

Cosmosis Mon 22-Aug-11 12:07:33

Fwiw, I never ever woke my DS up to feed in the night. Assuming you don’t need to for other reasons I would enjoy the rest, it may not last!

MrsVidic Mon 22-Aug-11 12:26:52

My dd2 did the same last night and is 15 days old. If your dc is cluster feeding before bed I wouldn't worry, just making the transition. Fwiw it may not stay this way for long so make the most of it

lilbitneurotic Mon 22-Aug-11 13:37:35

Thanks everyone, up till now he's been putting on weight really well. The HV is coming tomorrow so I'll see how he's got on the last week.

I'll definitely enjoy it while it lasts just feel a bit of a fraud when everyone tells you that the longest you'll get with a BF baby is 2-3 hrs!

lilham Mon 22-Aug-11 14:29:36

If you are worried try a dream feed. It makes me feel better knowing DD had something at 10pm and wouldn't be starving when I wake in the morning grin

LaCiccolina Mon 22-Aug-11 17:28:01

Dunno if Ive noticed a late feed slowing the morning down ever.... Im in agreement with the others, all sounds fine. If he's hungry he will let you know, loudly and vigourously, just like he probably does at other times of day! :0)

cantmakecarrotcake Mon 22-Aug-11 20:40:25

My DD had a phase of only waking once a night from around 6-12 weeks. Unfortunately for us, this was accompanied by her weight gain slowing. And from 13 weeks she naturally picked up a 'dreamfeed' which has remained until just recently at 7 months.

So assuming his weight gain is fine, enjoy it, and just make sure he gets plenty of milk in the day.

HumptyDumpty1 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:11:32

My DD did this, and then hit 4 month sleep regression and doesn't go longer than 2 hours now! So if nothings wrong make the most of it grin

Zimm Tue 23-Aug-11 19:46:18

DD did this also. Until the 4 months sleep regression....her weight has always been tip top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now