Talk

Advanced search

Help! Mixed feeding and returning to work...

(3 Posts)
DangoDays Sun 21-Aug-11 19:39:33

Argh! Need to move to mixed feeding once back at work. I feel a little sad at the prospect so just want to ensure I can keep up the morning and night feeds. DS is 9 months, EBF and eating 3 good meals a day. I need to switch 2 daytime feeds to formula and want to keep breastfeeding for his morning feed and night feed. I have just under 3 weeks to do this so I plan on dropping one a week. Will my supply be okay? If not what could I do to help? I am not keen on the idea of pumping at work (am secondary teacher and can't fathom how to fit it in so prefer not to pump). Also should I give DS the 2 FFs from a cup or bottle? He will drink BM from a bottle and water from a cup. Lastly, no idea which formula to pick! Any advice much appreciated.

HumptyDumpty1 Sun 21-Aug-11 22:48:38

I don't really have any advice of the most of your post, so a helpful little bump there smile

But with regards to formula my DD is EBF and had literally spat out every formula apart from cow and gate, which she takes small amounts from a beaker. My DH says it tastes the closest to BM but as trying my own creeps me out I have no personal experience haha...

Hope someone more helpful comes along with advice for the rest!

DangoDays Sun 21-Aug-11 23:09:06

Thanks for advice Humpty. I'll make that the first we try and fingers crossed DS takes to it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now