Talk

Advanced search

Nearly 6 mo is so hungry, seems to prefer ff to bf. How can I ensure supply doesn't run out?

(4 Posts)
33goingon64 Sun 21-Aug-11 11:01:08

We are literally 2 days into baby led weaning so DS will be relying on milk feeds for a good while longer for sustenance. He is showing signs of preferring the bottle of formula over bfing. Some bfs he seems content but mostly he grizzles and keeps coming off, looking at me like sad and confused. I am keep to keep bfing for the convenience factor even though we ff at night now to help with sleeping. Sort of bfing as often as possible, what else can I do to keep it going? Or should I switch to ff to make sure he is getting enough?

33goingon64 Sun 21-Aug-11 11:02:55

That should be 'keen to keep bfing'. And 'short of bfing'. Sorry.

nannyl Sun 21-Aug-11 11:53:34

i wonder if its the bottle he likes?

How about if you express breast milk and give it to him in a bottle..... although that is even more faff than formular feeding, and certainly much much less convieniant than breast feeding from the breast

RitaMorgan Sun 21-Aug-11 12:24:40

Some babies do show a bottle preference at this age, as it is less effort for them. I think really if you want to continue breastfeeding you need to cut out the bottles - maybe use cups instead for formula?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now