Talk

Advanced search

Out and about - advice re: breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
snowchick1977 Fri 19-Aug-11 12:32:34

I was wondering if people could share their tips on how to settle a 5 week old after feeding when out and about? Ie so they settle back in their carseat/pram and how long this takes you.

If you feed and then they dont settle, what do you do?

Thanks in advance

hazchem Fri 19-Aug-11 13:18:55

Have you thought about using a sling?
I found my sling great when DS was this age. could feed him up then slip him and keep moving about. i even put him in the sling at home a couple o times so he would settle and i could do some stuff.
then from about 4 months i flipped him onto his tummy in the pram so he could sort of look out at the world. now in a stroller he is pretty happy

car trips just took some time for him to get used to.

RitaMorgan Fri 19-Aug-11 13:23:52

Oh yes, definitely a sling! Get a good one like a stretchy wrap or Close carrier rather than the Baby Bjorn type though.

DS usually fell asleep after a feed so if in a cafe or something I just held him. If we had to go on somewhere then put him in the sling - if he had to go in the car then usually that put him to sleep within minutes anyway.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 19-Aug-11 13:37:03

My DD would fall asleep on me at that age. In fact she napped like that until 10 weeks (when she discovered sucking her thumb and could self settle)! If I wanted her to sleep in the pram I'd have to take her for a walk.

Later I was able to put her in the pram and rock her for a few minutes and she'd settle.

I'd say motion was the key. I walked the pram A LOT at that time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: