Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Out and about - advice re: breastfeeding

(4 Posts)
snowchick1977 Fri 19-Aug-11 12:32:34

I was wondering if people could share their tips on how to settle a 5 week old after feeding when out and about? Ie so they settle back in their carseat/pram and how long this takes you.

If you feed and then they dont settle, what do you do?

Thanks in advance

hazchem Fri 19-Aug-11 13:18:55

Have you thought about using a sling?
I found my sling great when DS was this age. could feed him up then slip him and keep moving about. i even put him in the sling at home a couple o times so he would settle and i could do some stuff.
then from about 4 months i flipped him onto his tummy in the pram so he could sort of look out at the world. now in a stroller he is pretty happy

car trips just took some time for him to get used to.

RitaMorgan Fri 19-Aug-11 13:23:52

Oh yes, definitely a sling! Get a good one like a stretchy wrap or Close carrier rather than the Baby Bjorn type though.

DS usually fell asleep after a feed so if in a cafe or something I just held him. If we had to go on somewhere then put him in the sling - if he had to go in the car then usually that put him to sleep within minutes anyway.

cantmakecarrotcake Fri 19-Aug-11 13:37:03

My DD would fall asleep on me at that age. In fact she napped like that until 10 weeks (when she discovered sucking her thumb and could self settle)! If I wanted her to sleep in the pram I'd have to take her for a walk.

Later I was able to put her in the pram and rock her for a few minutes and she'd settle.

I'd say motion was the key. I walked the pram A LOT at that time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now