Talk

Advanced search

Sterilising whilst abroad

(4 Posts)
OompaLumpa Thu 18-Aug-11 08:53:19

My DD has a bottle at her dream feed at night. We are going on holiday to Cyrpus next month and I'm wondering what the best way of sterilising is whilst abroad. I can see you can buy sterilising tablets. Can these be used with normal tap water or would we need to use bottled water?
Any other useful hints about what to take when travelling would be much appreciated - DD will be 12 weeks when we go....

lilham Thu 18-Aug-11 08:55:49

I use tap water with Milton. You can also boil the bottles the old fashion way if you are in a self catering place.

Lozza70 Thu 18-Aug-11 08:58:16

If you are self catering and have a microwave you can get sterilising bags from Lindam. We used them when on hol in Spain with DS at 12 weeks old.

BikeRunSki Thu 18-Aug-11 09:02:44

I used Milton tabs in a bucket with ta water in France. I think the Milton will kill the bugs in the tap water too. If you are self catering and have a microwave, how about one of www.boots.com/en/Lindam-Microwave-Steriliser-Bags_20317/these?.

Guide to cold sterilisation here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now