Talk

Advanced search

Anti-reflux formula question

(8 Posts)
Kiwisue Thu 18-Aug-11 02:09:20

Hello all
I am an interloper on these boards from New Zealand, so hope you can help.

I am going on an extended holiday to the UK later this year.

My 3 month old was diagnosed with reflux and has been prescribed ranitidine (may be called something else in the UK). After struggling with bfeeding her she in now mainly formula fed - here in NZ I get an anti-reflux formula called 'Novalac'.

Is this brand of formula available in the UK? My daughter is very fussy over formulas and this is about the one brand i could get that she happily accepts.

I just need to know whether i can get it in UK supermarkets/pharmacies or if i have to bring a whole load of tins over

thanks in advance
Sue

daisylulu Thu 18-Aug-11 07:51:38

Hi Sue. Sorry to hear about your little ones reflux. Sorry not heard of that brand of formula and not seen on the shelves. The only anti-reflux formula I have seen in pharmacies is SMA staydown. I would bring a load of tins with you to be on safe side. Have a good trip to the UK grin

Kiwisue Thu 18-Aug-11 08:03:56

Daisylulu - just an odd question, but I have a cousin in the UK (Essex) with twin daughters called Daisy and Lulu (Louise) - not you is it?? My daughters are Catriona and Isla so you will know if it is!

Oh - and thanks for replying!

daisylulu Thu 18-Aug-11 09:48:03

Ha ha no it's not. daisy is my dogs name!! grin

Kiwisue Thu 18-Aug-11 10:00:43

Ha - thought that would be a bizarre coincidence!

Merlion Thu 18-Aug-11 11:39:22

Check who makes it as sometimes the names differ for example SMA is S26 here in Singapore and in Australia. May just be that it has a different brand name.

freybean Thu 18-Aug-11 22:14:27

never heard of that brand

i can say that the sma staydown has been great for my dd's reflux

Kiwisue Fri 19-Aug-11 04:05:16

Thanks all - we can get S26 and SMA here so not sure if they are the same thing or now.

I phoned the helpline on the back of the tine and the man on the phone wasn't very helpful - said he knew it was available in Holland and France, but wasn't sure about the UK and my best option was to check the online supermarkets!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now