Talk

Advanced search

I seem to have monumentally cocked up DD's eating/sleeping.

(4 Posts)
SarahScot Wed 17-Aug-11 20:30:11

DD has been ebf since birth. At first she slept from 7:30/8:00 until 2a.m., then slept through again until 6ish - it was fantastic! At around 15 weeks she started waking more often. Fine, I thought, must be the 4 month sleep regression, I'll go with it and wait for it to pass.

However, she's now 23 weeks and is waking every 2 hours through the night like clockwork and demanding to be fed. She takes full feeds, not just 'snacks'. She eats less during the day, usually every 3 hours. She is also getting solids three times a day, although she is still eating very small amounts.

I went back to work on Monday (she now takes bm from a bottle) and am already knackered. How can I turn this round? I try giving her a dummy and shushing her back to sleep but this will only last 5 minutes and she'll be awake again. She'll only settle properly if she's fed.

Any advice?

RitaMorgan Wed 17-Aug-11 21:09:10

Do you have a partner who can deal with her in the night?

I had exactly the same thing with my ds and by 5 months I'd had enough with all the nightfeeds too. I put ds in his own room and cut down to 4 hourly feeds in the night - if he woke between feed times DP went to him. For the first couple of nights DP basically had to hold ds between waking and the next feed as he wouldn't settle back in his cot but it soon improved and after maybe a week or so he was only wakng for feeds at around 11pm and 3am.

I felt it was too confusing/distressing for me to go to ds in the night and then withhold feeds - if DP went to him he only expected cuddles and a dummy so it was easier on him.

kimberlina Wed 17-Aug-11 21:50:20

I had this too. Feeding v little in the day and more at night is soooo annoying. Giving her water at night on every other waking worked for us. Good Luck

SarahScot Fri 19-Aug-11 18:00:55

Thanks for the advice. DH will is just going to have to step up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now