Talk

Advanced search

9MO refusing to feed. Help me please!

(6 Posts)
AmeliaEarhart Wed 17-Aug-11 16:25:36

He fed as normal first thing after waking, about 8.30am, but has refused ever since. He just keeps arching his back and complaining when I try and latch him on and has now missed his mid-morning, lunchtime and mid-afternoon feeds. I'm trying to stay calm and keep offering, but I'm starting to feel quite upset (and uncomfortable!). He's eaten his solids and had some water from his cup.

What the heck is going on? Should I start expressing? He won't usually take a bottle from me and his Dad isn't due home until 7pm. sad

Madlizzy Wed 17-Aug-11 16:30:20

maybe his gums are sore?

LaCiccolina Wed 17-Aug-11 18:26:46

Everything was normal up to this point? He's not been different in any other way?

Would he take a little on a spoon? Or bottle? Water if not milk just to test? Could be teething but sounds a bit more although it's extremely difficult to tell to be honest and I don't want to panic u.

Best advice phone NHS direct, if not happy does your gp do out of hours? Otherwise A&E.

Big hugs. I really hope all ok. Please write back? Xxxxxx

LaCiccolina Wed 17-Aug-11 18:27:45

Sorry re read. Perhaps not thirsty. Some liquid will be in food....?

RufflesKerfluffles Wed 17-Aug-11 19:02:21

Could it be a nursing strike? Sorry on phone so can't link, but if you search there are lots of threads on here, or try Kellymom.

AmeliaEarhart Wed 17-Aug-11 20:35:52

Phew! Panic over. I managed to trick him into latching on at about 5 and the little monkey fed for 25 minutes! He also had his bedtime feed as normal. I feel a bit daft for panicking now.

I was wondering if it was a nursing strike, and what may have triggered it. He's just started crawling and pulling himself up on furniture, so I guess he feels he has more important stuff to do than lie in my lap and eat.

Thanks for the advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now