Talk

Advanced search

We made it to a year!

(10 Posts)
JessieEssex Wed 17-Aug-11 07:14:32

My dd is 1 today and is still bf. I've never gloated about this but I just fancied a little gloat today...! After struggling with agonising scabby nipples, feeding strikes and all night cluster sessions, I'm so pleased that we persevered and made it to where we are now. To anyone who's having a hard time, it really does get better.

StealthPolarBear Wed 17-Aug-11 07:16:50

Not gloating at all - fell proud of yourself for getting through so much! Well done - here's to many more months

Tamdin Wed 17-Aug-11 07:25:17

Well done smile
Needed to see your post this morning. Have just had the worse night with ds2 who is 7.5 months and ebf.
He's using me as a dummy all night and I feel like giving up!

CaptainMartinCrieff Wed 17-Aug-11 07:28:08

grin I was also proud to reach 1 year!
Although I'm still breastfeeding at 16 months and beginning to worry it will never end.
Happy birthday to your DC!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 17-Aug-11 08:25:29

Happy birthday and well done. You can look back on all the lovely pictures of today and feel really proud smile

Cosmosis Wed 17-Aug-11 10:29:17

Well done! We’re nearly there too smile

tamdin ds went through a similar phase at the same age, so I sympathise. It will pass.

Graciescotland Wed 17-Aug-11 10:31:13

Well done! I'll be writing this post on Thursday smile Can't believe it's been a year already!

OnlyWantsOne Wed 17-Aug-11 10:34:41

well done you, well done smile its bloody hard, hardest thing ive done - DD2 is 8.5 months

and its been a LOOOONG slog too x x

JessieEssex Wed 17-Aug-11 17:26:15

Thanks v much all - I'm so proud of her and our journey together - she's such a happy, healthy little thing. She only bf's twice a day now, but is starting to realise that she could theoretically grab some at any time - this morning she was sitting on the changing table and pulled my dressing gown open and latched on before I realised what she was doing! Hmmm....

OnlyWantsOne Wed 17-Aug-11 17:32:54

DD2 does that too, if there is so much of a sniff of exposed boob, she finds me and attacks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now