Talk

Advanced search

Mastitus

(10 Posts)
pinkyp Wed 17-Aug-11 05:09:35

I have mastitis & I'm feeling very sorry for myself. I'm so hot, head ache & achey everywhere. Please give me sympathy

Gincognito Wed 17-Aug-11 08:16:03

Me too sad

Posted about it last night. You can have my sympathy if I can have yours!

Just trying to get a GP appt. I was up at 5 too!

crikeybadger Wed 17-Aug-11 09:25:13

Here's some brew and sympathy for both of you. smile

Have you taken parcetamol and ibuprofen and the usual measures for mastitis?

Hope you feel better soon x

pinkyp Wed 17-Aug-11 09:55:33

I had paracetamol and have anti-botics. My ds is 8 months & hardly ate any food then suddenly started eating every meal - I think that's why I got it, not sure what to do now? Do I carry on giving 3meals whilst i'm taking anti-b's (cant make mastitus worse can it?) or should I cut food down?

pinkyp Wed 17-Aug-11 09:55:56

Sympathy for you 2 ginc xx

Gincognito Wed 17-Aug-11 12:35:37

Interesting. My ds is 9.5 months and has similarly started eating more a sleeping better recently!

Thanks Crikey, I've been to the gp for antibiotics too.

Gincognito Wed 17-Aug-11 12:37:42

I'm trying to get ds to feed as frequently as possible on the affected side btw.

pinkyp Wed 17-Aug-11 17:41:47

Are you still offering food or have you reduced the amount? I'm thinking not as much food for today and more nursing then get back on the food tomorrow? I don't know what to do for the best.

Gincognito Wed 17-Aug-11 19:49:23

I've avoided spoon feeding today and just given finger food so he's had less volume. I also took a hot bath and hand expressed a bit. For some reason he seems to be less and less interested in that side. Which I assume is part of the problem!

pinkyp Wed 17-Aug-11 23:54:26

i've been putting hot water bottles on and had a hot bath with shower, had big red marks and lumps today which wernt there yesterday. Feeling alot better now - anti-biotics must be kicking in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now