Talk

Advanced search

Lecithen and pregnancy- can you take it?

(7 Posts)
cherrysodalover Wed 17-Aug-11 01:12:06

Okay so does anyone know please if I can take leciten capsules which really help alleviate blocked milk ducts so i can prevent another bout of mastitis, whilst pregnant.

Have checked net but not much research out there.Doc's appointment is weeks away and boobs are cut glass sensation every time my 20 month ds feeds-the lecithen usually really helps me.

Thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 17-Aug-11 09:26:06

There is a helpline that gives information on drugs you can take whilst Bfing, so hopefully will be able to tell you if its safe whlst pregnant too, though I could be wrong.

I most bfing helplines and counsellors should have the information on drugs you can take whilst bfing but the one I was thinking of is the ABM.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows a bit more.....

crikeybadger Wed 17-Aug-11 09:32:24

Whilst the ABM are fab, I think you might be after the BfN for this kind of thing.

My take on it would be that if it is safe to breastfeed with then it is safe to take during pregnancy, but that's just a wild stab in the dark. smile

crikeybadger Wed 17-Aug-11 09:34:26

One more thing- many women often describe thrush using the words cut and glass. Is is definitely the onset of mastitis?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 17-Aug-11 09:34:33

Thanks crikey knew someone would know what they were talking about instead of me just blabbing on. Think I once again shown my ignorance smile

RitaMorgan Wed 17-Aug-11 10:35:09

Have you or your ds had anti-biotics recently? We seem to get thrush every time and it feels like really sharp glass/needle pain whenever ds feeds.

cherrysodalover Fri 19-Aug-11 01:20:03

Thanks guys.that is helpful as I did have thrush last week which I treated locally.so maybe I have that on my nipples?
It has improved but is still painful.I think weaning time may be upon us.he is not going to like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now