Talk

Advanced search

BF DD 75centile at birth now 99th..should I be worrying?

(9 Posts)
rosielum Mon 15-Aug-11 18:47:44

My lovely DD was 8.4lb at birth, I've got over supply/fast let down I think, my DD really prefers to fed lying down and gets abit agitated feeding in other positions. Other than this she's a great feeder and we're bothing enjoying it. Had her weighed today and she's now on the 99th centile. She's not feeding constantly and seems satisfied after a feed. Is this a problem that needs solving or just the way she is? thanks x

ThePosieParker Mon 15-Aug-11 18:49:17

Well done, sounds like you're doing a great job!!

CMOTdibbler Mon 15-Aug-11 18:50:09

Just the way she is ! My ds spent a lot of time on the 99.8th, but as soon as he started walking he slimmed right down

GlaikitFizzog Mon 15-Aug-11 18:51:27

Someones got to be up there!! And it's all down to you! Well done!

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Aug-11 19:05:24

Nothing to worry about at all, in fact you can feel smug if you want smile

TitaniaP Mon 15-Aug-11 19:13:10

rosielum - what I wouldn't give to have your problem wink. Congrats on your healthy dd and hurrah for breast milk!

buttonmoon78 Mon 15-Aug-11 19:15:32

I'm right there with you Titania!

UpsyDozy Mon 15-Aug-11 19:18:11

I used to get a hard time from my HV as my DCs all skipped through the percentiles. Then they measured their LENGTH and realised they were off the charts! All in proportion and happy well fed babies.

Sounds like you are doing a marvellous job, I had a horrendous time trying to bf so am very pleased for you and just a teeny bit envy

Keep doing what you're doing!

HerdOfTinyElephants Mon 15-Aug-11 19:21:34

Just the way she is; good job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now