Talk

Advanced search

Stoped breastfeeding 2.5 yo aww big boobs!

(4 Posts)
Cheaptrick Sat 13-Aug-11 15:34:15

Hi

I'm on day 4 of stoped breastfeeding my 2.5 yo - just just doesn't want any and i'm encouraging it, as i'm pg.

My boobs are big and hurt what do i do?

Please help i forgot what i'm ment to do to make it feel better sad

How long will it hurt for?

Cheaptrick Sat 13-Aug-11 15:36:50

Also how long will it be before my milk goes?

My second child is due in December and i want to BF her too.

Tidypidy Sat 13-Aug-11 20:35:54

Hi Cheaptrick, I know exactly how you feel as I stopped breastfeeding my 2.2 yo in February and my boobs were really sore too. Eventually I went to the Dr as I was so uncomfy, she examined them and said they would just get better with time. Also recommended tying a scarf tightly around my boobs to give more support, it worked very well. Other things to try are having a warm bath and leaning forwards so your boobs are covered with water, made mine much more comfy and also encouraged any remaining milk to come out. You could also try the old cabbage leaf in your bra trick, a bit odd but worked for me when I felt very 'full'.
I was sore for about 2 weeks but part of your discomfort could be your boobs changing with the pregnancy. It took about a week and a half for my milk to stop completely.

Good luck, it should get better soon.

Cheaptrick Sat 13-Aug-11 20:41:12

Thank you i will try the hot bath

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now