Talk

Advanced search

Back to school challenge?!

(8 Posts)
Mampig Fri 12-Aug-11 11:20:17

Hi everyone! My ds is 6 wo and ebf. He's my 4 th child but the only one I've managed to get established at bf. He's having growth spurt at the moment but my question is for mums of kids at school... They are due back soon and I have no idea how I'm gonna manage mornings!! Ds feeds constantly in am even without spurt. My kids are 6, 5, 2. So Stijl too young to do too much for themselves. What did u all do to manage? I timed ds this morning and he fed properly from 5.30. Then again every hour for half hour- so only getting 20 mins between feeds... This went on till 10.30 and he's finally asleep!! I can't afford a sling at the minute so any suggestions would be very welcome!!! Thanks

StealthPolarBear Fri 12-Aug-11 11:23:21

No specific advice but I have a mei tei I can long term loan you if thats any good?

Mampig Fri 12-Aug-11 11:38:08

Aw that's very kind of you but I don't think it'll solve my prob!! Prob tie myself up in it and not be able to get out lol grin thanks anyway xo

Loopymumsy Sat 13-Aug-11 06:36:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 13-Aug-11 12:56:59

Try not to stress too much about it. Get your clothes, shoes, schoolbags and stuff sorted as much as you can the day before.

You can feed while they eat and hopefully DS will sleep in the pushchair for you.

Try too to get a friend to take the older ones to school for you one day a week and you drop theirs of for them.

Don't forget too that the 6 week growth spurt can be very challenging and school doesn't start for a few weeks yet, well unless you are in Scotland. Things will change between now and then and DS may be much easier to handle.

One other thing you could try is express or collecting your milk after the school run and then giving this as a top up the following morning before the school run.

Mampig Sat 13-Aug-11 13:26:34

Thanks for your replies!! It helps to know it's possible and I know there's every chance that ds will settle down between times! There's no one close to help out but I can always go in the car in pjs!!! I'll look in to sling option. I used to have one but got rid as I thought I was done having kids after dc3 hmm . So thanks folks- food for thought- just felt a bit overwhelmed thinking about it all confused

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 13-Aug-11 14:12:38

Don't get overwhelmed Mampig. Our DD was bf and was born a month before DS started pre-school. Soon enough she was in a routine where she fed at 7am, got changed and went to sleep when we left on the school run at 8.30am and woke again for a feed at 10 am and god help anyone who broke her routine. She soon loved the school run so much that if she was grouchy for any reason we used to stick her in the pushchair and walk the school run and she would settle down and sleep.

As for the slings they are useful but you don't need one to bf successfully, in fact all you need is your baby and your boobs grin.

And if you haven't got anyone local to you, have you thought about going along to your local NCT group or Bfng Support group? I go to the local NCT one and we sometimes have one anothers kids or babysit. Its worth going if only to find that what your LO is doing is perfectly normal and to have a cuppa and some adult conversation.

Well done for getting to 6 weeks too smile

Mampig Sat 13-Aug-11 15:33:37

smilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now