Talk

Advanced search

Are glass bottles practical?

(3 Posts)
Kimbolley Thu 11-Aug-11 22:42:07

I just accidentally ordered some glass NUK bottles online thinking I was ordering plastic ones. The pics of them look like the plastic ones we used for my first 2 babies (which we were very happy with) but I haven't seen the glass ones in the flesh.

Anyone used glass bottles before and can you offer advise on how practical they are? (Are they heavy? Do they break easily? Are they ok to take out and about?) I have visions of lots of broken glass.

Thanks!

HarperSeven Fri 12-Aug-11 13:17:08

We stupidly bought a bunch of 'Green Baby' glass bottles, only to find that the neck was far too narrow for the formula spoon. They ended up in the recycling pile.

Glass is very nice in theory - no nasty plastic chemicals leeching into the milk/formula. Expect they're not that easily broken.

CamperFan Fri 12-Aug-11 15:03:06

I thought they looked nice and might be a good health/environmental option but I was at a friends house (the only friend I know that uses one) and she dropped one and it shattered all over their kitchen tiles...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now