Talk

Advanced search

DD feeding for just 10 minutes at each feed

(9 Posts)
Aloha31 Thu 11-Aug-11 15:53:35

Is she getting enough? She is 9 weeks, and used to take longer. Thru the night she always took about 10 mins, but thru the day it's just this past few days that she has gotten quicker.

Can she be getting enough in 10 min to last the 3 hours to nest feed (we don't have a schedule as such, just a natural 3ish hour cycle).

thanks!

CMOTdibbler Thu 11-Aug-11 15:55:34

She's just a very efficient feeder - ds used to do a full feed in 5 minutes which suprised people

SaulGood Thu 11-Aug-11 15:56:03

Is she weeing, pooing, alert, hydrated, gaining weight?

Some babies feed in a few minutes, some take hours. Your body should be pretty efficient at producing what she needs and at 9 weeks she should be quite efficient at removing it. grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 12-Aug-11 08:17:22

Agree with Saul as long as she is doing all of those things you have no worries.

RitaMorgan Fri 12-Aug-11 08:20:48

You're lucky - my ds still takes longer than 10 minutes at 12 months grin

lilham Fri 12-Aug-11 09:48:58

Don't worry. if your baby is thiriving, you just have a very efficient feeder. I wish I hadn't listen to the HVs saying 10min too short for a newborn. I spent so much effort trying to rouse a sleepy baby to feed for longer sad I should have just trusted the fact she gained back her birth weight in one week means shes obviously getting enough.

BartletForAmerica Fri 12-Aug-11 14:43:04

It scared me too when my DS suddenly started doing shorter feeds. I think he had just got better at it.

Aloha31 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:23:19

She is definitely thriving. So I shouldn't be worried.

Thank you!

So much conflicting advice, it's stupid really, every baby is different.

FloraFinching Fri 12-Aug-11 19:24:54

neither of my dds ever took more than 10mins to feed, and they were massively fat thriving 98th centilers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now