Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Am I the only person in the world

(8 Posts)
redandyellowandpinkandgreen Thu 11-Aug-11 09:43:33

To have lost weight while pregnant but gained weight while breastfeeding?? I know it isn't a license to eat cake but I just had a bit of a shock when I stepped on the scales. I am now going cake-free!

Malvapoeding Thu 11-Aug-11 09:48:08

No, not at all. I was 2 stone lighter at 39 weeks than before pregnancy but whilst BF the weight has piled on! DD has now cut down to a morning feed only, I am cutting down on the carbs.

shuckleberryfinn Thu 11-Aug-11 17:05:22

Nope, ive gained over 2 stone in the last four months. Gained v little while pg. On the good news front Ive inexplicably lost 5lb in the last two weeks so theres hope.

birdofthenorth Thu 11-Aug-11 20:30:35

BF made me starving at first! And especially for carbs. And chocolate grin

Loopymumsy Thu 11-Aug-11 20:38:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Thu 11-Aug-11 21:48:13

It's so unfair! I was a stone and a half lighter when I came out of hospital than when I found out I was pregnant. In 9 months of bf I have gained 10 pounds, what a porker.

My mum says when she stopped feeding me she lost about half a stone just naturally so I live in hope but have also halved my portion sizes as well. No wonder when I was trying my work clothes on this week nothing fitted.

emsyj Thu 11-Aug-11 21:50:26

I porked up a treat whilst bf - but it is slowly coming off now that I have stopped! I lost quite a bit quite fast after DD reduced her feeds, and have lost more now that I have stopped bf completely.

harverina Thu 11-Aug-11 22:06:59

Well, I didnt lose weight while I was pregnant but I gained a healthy amount. Then within about 3-4 weeks of giving birth I had lost 2.5stones and felt great. I bought lots of lovely new clothes last summer and felt more confident than I had in years...1 year on I have gained over 2 stones. I know EXACTLY where I went wrong..I ate alot of rubbish after my DD was born and kept eating rubbish once she started weaning at 6 months. As a result my calorie intake was high and my DD was feeding less and less sad Now I have to motivate myself to shift the weight as I feel terrible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: