Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Night feeds in 18 month old

(3 Posts)
OhdearNigel Wed 10-Aug-11 11:06:21

DD (18 months) had started sleeping through the night but has recently started waking several times again. She doesn't nurse much in the daytime and nurses to sleep. When she wakes up in the night she is desperate for boob and will cry and fuss until she gets it. The first waking is usually at about 11pm which I don't mind but the second waking is between 3 and 4 and she really properly wakes up and is very difficult to get back to sleep again. I really want to get her out of this waking as last night I was awake for 2 hours before I conceded defeat and woke DH up to get her back to sleep.
I don't want to stop BFing, just this 4am feed as I was really enjoying a full night's sleep ! Any tips gratefully received.

AngelDog Wed 10-Aug-11 12:37:27

It's the 18 month sleep regression, I'd bet. It's really common, and will pass. Being awake for long periods is really normal during sleep regressions. IME DS was always drowsy again after being awake for 1.5 hours, never before. Sometimes it was 2 hours. We seem to have somehow missed the 18 month regression grin but he did this during every other sleep regression. I just fed every time he woke and he stopped that long awake period on his own once the developmental leap was over.

More info here and here and here.

OhdearNigel Wed 10-Aug-11 13:19:16

Ah, if it's a case of "this too will pass" I can cope with sitting it out. Thanks for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now