Talk

Advanced search

Has DD dropped a feed?

(3 Posts)
gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 22:29:27

DD is 28 weeks old (I think!) and we've been weaning for about 4 weeks. We're BLW so I wouldn't say she is actually eating a lot, just exploring and learning how to eat.

She normally has 5 x 180 ml bottles of formula with the last one around 9:30pm. A few nights ago, she didn't wake as usual so I woke her near to midnight and fed her. Last night she stirred a bit but didn't actually wake up so I left her, half expecting her to wake in the night for milk but she slept til almost 9 as usual. Again tonight, she hasn't yet woken for her last feed.

She doesn't appear to be hungrier during the day and when a 210 ml bottle is offered, she doesn't really finish it. I really don't think she is eating that much so I'm surprised that she would drop a feed so soon. Do you think this is just a blip or would you expect her to drop a feed so soon into weaning?

kickassmunkiii Wed 10-Aug-11 21:31:24

If she isn't waking for a night feed then leave her!

We dropped the night feed at a similar time.

Sounds like your baby is getting plenty of formula, and they know when they need it.

HTH

gallicgirl Thu 11-Aug-11 11:59:24

Well that night she was playing with me and woke at 1am for a feed, so last night I woke her briefly to feed her before I went to bed and she fell asleep again before she'd finished the bottle. Will leave her again tonight and see what happens.

I was pretty surprised as I really don't think she's eating huge amounts unless I give her pear which she gobbles down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now