Talk

Advanced search

Question about Formula Feeds. Please Help

(7 Posts)
moomin156 Tue 09-Aug-11 08:22:18

When making a bottle, the 6 oz water is displaced by the powder to give a final total volume of approx 8oz. So does this count as a 6oz feed or an 8oz feed. Sorry if i am being a bit stupid but cant find an answer. Thank you

moomin156 Tue 09-Aug-11 10:45:09

ive answered my own question by emailing cow & gate .....
the bottle is still a 6 ounce bottle, as that is the volume of the water that you put in to begin with. I know it can be very confusing.

BikeRunSki Tue 09-Aug-11 10:48:12

6 oz

gallicgirl Wed 10-Aug-11 11:26:04

I always wonder this when DD doesn't finish bottle.

So if it's a 180ml feed which goes up to 210ml with powder and there's 80ml left when she's finished, has she taken 100ml or 130ml???

grin It's like a GCSE maths question. Perhaps that would be a sneaky way to get life skills into maths lessons.

moomin156 Thu 11-Aug-11 09:13:31

LOL at gallicgirl.......still cant answer your question but for me my DD downs it all so it isnt an issue grin

gallicgirl Thu 11-Aug-11 11:56:05

Oh it's ok. Just thinking out loud and really don't need an answer. She drinks what she drinks and is gaining weight like a sumo so it's not an issue. Was just wondering really.

TruthSweet Thu 11-Aug-11 12:40:11

I think it depends, if you need to know the total volume of milk consumed (say if baby had FTT and calories consumed were important) then the actual volume of milk eaten would be used to calculate the calories (volume of milk X calories in the made up feed = daily intake), if you are just chatting to friends or HV asks what size bottles baby has then saying 4oz 8 times a day would be fine (even if they were really 4.6oz bottles).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now