Talk

Advanced search

Bf and pg: how long will this excruciating soreness last?

(7 Posts)
LaTristesse Sun 07-Aug-11 09:10:09

I'm 6 weeks pg and feeding my 17mo milkaholic DS. He feeds a lot, and up until now everything has been as normal, very comfy feeding. However this week that nasty pg breast soreness has kicked in, and it's bloody painful when he latches on. Anyone know how long this will last? Is it just the first semester? I really want to tandem feed them both and will grit my teeth thru it if I know how long that's likely to be! Thanks smile

LeninGrad Sun 07-Aug-11 09:12:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EauRouge Sun 07-Aug-11 09:23:01

There's no telling really, it's different for everyone. I was fine until the last few weeks. Have you read Adventures in Tandem Nursing yet?

EauRouge Sun 07-Aug-11 09:23:13

Congrats btw smile

TheFrozenMBJ Sun 07-Aug-11 10:45:37

Congrats LaTristesse. I had nipple sensitivity during the first trimester which subsided during the 2nd (although my milk supply dropped significantly then) and now they are sensitive again in the 3rd trimester.

Why don't you come and join us for a chat and moan over here?

LaTristesse Sun 07-Aug-11 20:32:03

Thanks everyone. I've ordered a copy of Tandem Nursing, but it's out of stock apparently so I have to wait a bit longer...
Thanks for the link MBJ, I'll come and join you! Interested to hear about the reduction in milk supply - how did you know? Did your DC protest?!

TheFrozenMBJ Sun 07-Aug-11 22:57:05

He didn't protest so much as started eating more grin and drinking more cow's milk. I have also been a pretty prolific producer with a demanding DS since birth and if I ever skipped a feed I would quite rapidly become very uncomfortable and engorged, although, luckily I stopped leaking around 12 months old but I around 16 weeks pregnant that tapered off too.

Now I can't really express much (by hand) and what I do get doesn't look much like milk, not does it taste the same. Although to be fair I is only minute droplets that I can get hold of to taste, so it probably isn't a fair judgement on the flavour grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now