Talk

Advanced search

I have hung up my nursing bras for good, very emotional about it, come and virtually hug me please

(4 Posts)
sweetkitty Sat 06-Aug-11 21:39:28

DS is 15 mo now, his sleep has gone backwards in that he wakes and wants a feed then won't go back to sleep, if DH settles him back he goes no problem. We were down to morning and evening feeds only so last week I dropped the evening feed and now dropped the morning feed yesterday. He sleeps right next to me (used to cosleep until he kept kicking and biting me) so I slept elsewhere last night and DH attended to him when he woke.

I feel so so sad this is the end of breastfeeding for me:
in total I have BF for 56 months (4 DC)
I have been pregnant or BFing since Nov 2003 apart from 6 weeks
usually by this time I am pregnant with the next one but DS is my last for sure

I remember being on here and struggling and crying trying to BF DD1 7 years ago and getting wonderful help and support which helped me to keep going, so huge thanks to everyone who supported me, mears, tiktok, mars, hunkermunker

BFing has been such a journey for me, to solely nourish my babies myself for 2 years, to never give them formula, to have them sleep with me and feed on demand, it's bee hard but one of the most worthwhile things I have ever done.

There I am away to have a little sob now sad

kimdeal Sat 06-Aug-11 21:45:42

Woo-hoo, I salute you Sweet. And Tiktok while we're at it. Ok, and a hug then (no biting).

TCOB Sat 06-Aug-11 21:46:44

sad that it's over but surely a little bit smile at the same time - firstly because it's an awesome achievement but also because there may be a little more wine on the horizon?

And what a fab wealth of knowledge you must now have about the bad as well as the good to support all those other mums on their BFing odyssey!

ShowOfHands Sat 06-Aug-11 21:47:47

And that nourishment, that comfort, that start in life will carry them through years and years and years. It might become a distant memory one day but the effects of it will last them until they're old and grey.

Well done you. It's the closing of a chapter and that's always poignant. I bet the next bit's going to be brilliant too.

Have a cry. It's the end of an era. Then smile and look forward to the next chapter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now