Talk

Advanced search

feeding back to sleep during the night

(2 Posts)
Moulesfrites Sat 06-Aug-11 21:31:35

My 28 week old ds is ebf, started weaning a few weeks ago. He got his first tooth a couple of weeks ago and I suspect the second one is on it's way as he has been very irritable the past few days.

He has been waking more frequently at night too. When he wakes I always end up bfing him back to sleep. I always offer him both sides and he takes it, but tbh, I think a lot of it is fluttery comfort sucking and he is back asleep again fairly quickly after only one side.

I thought by giving him both sides I was making sure he'd had a good feed so would go for a bit longer before waking again, but now I'm not so sure. Should I just feed him until he goes back off, even if it's just a few sucks?

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Sat 06-Aug-11 21:51:04

i have always always always given ds a boob to send him to sleep when needed.

At 15m he started pretty much sleeping through. We have had the odd waking/feed lately but he's almost 18m now and there is a developmental spurt due so i was expecting it.

We cosleep and so for us a quick bf has meant more sleep.

It's hard to change their behaviour and impossible to make them feed more ime.

If you are happy feeding back to sleep just do it. They will grow out of it one day, but if you get bored of it before they do you can tackle it then. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now