Talk

Advanced search

how to cut out final feed?

(4 Posts)
Poweredbypepsi Sat 06-Aug-11 19:40:24

My 1 year old is down to one feed per day now and I would like to cut that out as well. She really doesnt seem bothered at all now but I am worried about being sore etc. She has had no feeds today at all and I feel a little full but not sore. Is it best to leave and do nothing?

TheOldestCat Sat 06-Aug-11 19:50:46

That's what I'm doing - I last fed DS (18 months) a week ago. We were down to one feed a day -at bedtime. I,ve not had any problems yet but am being cautious as with DD I got lumps and soreness two weeks after finishing. I eased this by hand expressing a little in the bath.

But I'm prone to blocked ducts and mastitis. Have you had either? If not, you will probably be fine.

How are you feeling?
I burst into tears after the last feed but that is probably because DS is my last baby. And also he is none too chuffed with my decision to stop.

Good luck. And congrats; you,ve done brilliantly.

Poweredbypepsi Sat 06-Aug-11 21:48:19

I haven't had any problems before apart from thrush a few months ago, I do feel a bit sad but I do feel ready to give up now!. I am 11 weeks pregnant so I think that helps though grin

Hopefully it will be ok I may try hand expressing although I have never managed to express much before even with a pump lol

sweetkitty Sat 06-Aug-11 21:57:22

I've just posted a thread about my last feed with DS, He was only having one feed a day early in the morning, this morning DH got up with him and resettled him without me, he always associates me with feeding and goes mad if I don't bring him into bed with me for a feed and cuddles.

I slept elsewhere last night and will again tonight so he cannot get upset by me not feeding him but still gets comfort from DH.

Just don't feed her, distract her with some feed or toys at her usual time of the feed, she probably won't notice and will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now