Talk

Advanced search

Lilypadz

(14 Posts)
mummy2l Fri 05-Aug-11 22:06:47

Am currently only 32 weeks with dc2 but saw these and wondered if anybody had used them and if they are any good? I like the idea of using something which doesn't just get thrown out but does it affect milk supply etc?

twoistwiceasfun Fri 05-Aug-11 23:14:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Loopymumsy Sat 06-Aug-11 19:03:29

mummy2l Sat 06-Aug-11 20:18:52

hmmm have been reading reviews on Amazon too and they seem very mixed. Think I might wait a couple of weeks into feeding and then see. Thanks loopymumsy will have a look into reusable ones as I kinda like the idea of not having another thing to throw out all the time.

BuckminsterFullerene Sat 06-Aug-11 20:24:12

I found them brilliant at that mega-sore stage about 2 weeks in, I couldn't stand my clothes or anything touching my poor nips. They were brilliant! But they are expensive and lose their stick pretty quickly (but I wasn't as meticulous as Loopy!).

They were also brilliant when I was a bridesmaid.

I'd say they're definitely worth trying.

I've got some washable ones too, which are great with the right bra, but with the wrong one I've got 2 very obvious massive circles on my boobs! O O blush

My personal fave are the tesco disposables. The super stickiest ones ever - no risk of one going AWOL! grin

cherrycobbler Sat 06-Aug-11 21:12:24

I have them and have to say I love them - found them less sore than ordinary pads that my nips would stick to when super sore and dry (ouch). I also still used Lansinoh and just cleaned them to get the stick back. Am still using them now 13 weeks in, the only annoying thing is I find them fiddly to get back on with one hand when b/feeding my LO in public and also holding my top up etc - I imagine that slipping in a breast pad would be easier (although I am rubbish at doing the whole feeding in public/ clothes rearranging thing so its probably more me than the pads).

mummy2l Sat 06-Aug-11 21:18:12

ooo thanks you are tempting me now. have aaages to go though so cant get too excited just yet smile

poppycat04 Sat 06-Aug-11 21:26:33

First congratulations smile
They are absolutely brilliant at night time (I use disposable pads during the day) as I can sleep without a bra. Sleeping with a bra on, I found, was the quickest way to get mastitis sad

poppycat04 Sat 06-Aug-11 21:29:17

Also it's worth getting the special cleaning solution (wipes not so good) also on amazon.... I've found one pair lasts about six weeks and then needs replacing so can add up

TheWaterHorse Sat 06-Aug-11 22:11:39

I like mine but I didn't start using them until dd was a few months old and I'd largely (but not entirely) stopped leaking. They can cope with a few drops of leaked milk but not a large amount so I used disposable pads then.

I find them comfortable and as mentioned above they can be slept in. I have swum in mine as well (can't remember why I wanted to wear breast pads in the pool, but they didn't slip at all). I have also used lansinoh with them.

I used to fold them down into the bottom of my bra when feeding in public, which seemed a bit more discreet than removing them entirely. I didn't always get a perfect seal again when I unfolded them again, but it did until I was able to readjust in private.

AngelDog Sun 07-Aug-11 23:01:46

IIRC, mine said on the packet not to use till after about 6 weeks when bf is 'established' as they can affect supply.

quirkychick Sun 07-Aug-11 23:24:33

Use them after your supply/leakage has calmed down. They are good/comfortable and last quite a while, can't remember how long exactly. Definitely used lasinoh with them too.

The only thing was I did get recurrent nipple thrush and gp thought the warm/moist atmosphere of pads might be causing it. So I got rid. But I wasn't really leaking by then and had been bfing for 12months.

minicorrect Mon 08-Aug-11 11:46:10

I liked the idea of them, but found that they leaked constantly and the stickiness didn't last anytime at all. I wanted them for nighttime instead of wearing a bra as I found it too uncomfortable, but they leaked too much for a whole night's wear. I used to tie a scarf round them to keep them on as I was desperate for them to work. I doubt I'll get them again this time unfortunately.

Cleverything Mon 08-Aug-11 12:06:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now