Talk

Advanced search

mixed feeding!!!

(5 Posts)
sadalot Fri 05-Aug-11 20:04:57

please help with any advice regarding mixed feeding times for my 4 month boy. he is doing well on ebf but i have thrush infection on my left breast so when i try to feed him on that side ,he refuses. i have had many treatments for thrush but i have decided to mix feed him with formula. what times should i be bf or ff him? (he can take up to 4 oz of formula only)

RitaMorgan Fri 05-Aug-11 20:12:06

Are you treating both you and the baby simultaneously for thrush?

Are you just mix feeding until the thrush clears up? Did you want to go back to ebf after?

In regard to times, I guess it depends on how often you want to breastfeed and how often you want to formula feed.

thisisyesterday Fri 05-Aug-11 20:20:45

you can feed from only one side if you want to... you don';t need to use formula if you don't want to (though obviously it's fine if you do want to!)

i would just keep demand feeding...

sadalot Sat 06-Aug-11 13:24:58

thank you for the replies. both me and my baby have been treated for thrush.I think i want to mix feed because of MIL peer pressure -she said the other day that she thought he was not putting on any weight - he has gone from 25th centile to the 50th centile though. when i went to the hv she said i could not possibly just feed on one side even though i know other MN mums have done so.

happywheezer Sat 06-Aug-11 13:35:49

Both of those ladies are talking rubbish!
Be weary of HV, if you need proper advise ask your GP, who's had children!
I mix fed both my boys, so I'm no Bf guru or FF. It just worked for me.
You can feed from one breast.
I think mums in law and mums are of a different generation and it's hard to say how much your little one is getting from a feed but if he is gaining weight, you can't really complain, you are doing a good job with him.
If you only want to Breast feed then do that-not because anyone tells you to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now