Talk

Advanced search

dual breast pump - what's the best? Are they better than single?

(3 Posts)
littletime Thu 04-Aug-11 21:05:14

I'm looking for a dual breast pump, like in hospitals, perhaps to hire or buy....I need to pump lots of feeds whilst at work quickly, or should I say quicker than medela swing which I have at the moment. I remember using one in hospital after ds1 was born but would love to hire one for a couple of months rather than buy. Does anyone have recommendations?
I do have the huge treat of taking my dc2 to work with me but can't always be around when she's hungry hence the need to pump feeds in double quick time...or even better do 12oz in one go?!!?

twinklegreen Thu 04-Aug-11 21:12:24

Double pumps are definately more efficient.

You could try the NCT in your area, as they sometimes have breast pump hire.

here is a website you can hire from.

you can buy them from amazon

They're not cheap! I suppose it's a matter of working out how much you would spend on hire vs. how much you could buy one for.

Good luck smile

midori1999 Thu 04-Aug-11 21:50:09

I borrowed an Ameda Elite from the hospital when I exclusively expressed for my DD in NICU last year. It was brilliant and by the time she was 9 days old I could get around 10oz in 10-15 mins.

I've bought an Ameda Lactaline this time and although I've only used it on one side at a time so far the suction is good and it removes the milk efficiently. It takes me around 10-15 mins to get about 5oz, doing one side at a time.

I hopw this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now