Talk

Advanced search

4mo hourly waing & feeding :-(

(2 Posts)
sleepdodger Thu 04-Aug-11 15:59:31

Help - I've cross posted in sleep but had no replies
ebf 4 mo baby is waking hourly/ 2 hourly max at night, I would have put it down to the regression but it's been doing on for 2 weeks already & I'm beyond knackered
I've tried a bottle of ebm at 10 ish which he floors in minutes, 6oz, on top of all the feeds
he just seems constantly hungry- daytime he'll only go max 2 hrs usually 1.5 hrs between feeds and doesn't nap either
he had a growth spurt about a week ago, surely this isnt another
what am I doing wrong, i've tried setting routines but they've has no impact at all :-(

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 05-Aug-11 09:17:12

sleep please don't think this is hunger, lots of bf babies will take a bottle and its usually a need to suck or novelty, not hunger. Have a read of this on Kellymom, hopefully it will dispell some of your worries.

If he's not napping in the day, I'd try to address that first as mine always slept better at night if they'd had decent naps in the day.

Will he sleep for you at all? Have you tried sling/pram/car or getting someone else to rock him to sleep?

Don't think you are doing anything wrong at all. Some babies just don't respond well to routines, others do. If you've already set up a bedtime routine, I'd stick with it but don't stress too much if he takes a while to catch on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now