Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation please - nursing bra to wear at night for unruly boobs!

(12 Posts)
buttonmoon78 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:34:54

I'm currently wearing some M&S bras which I find lovely and comfortable in the day.

BUT at night, when I feed lying on my side in bed, the boob not being fed from makes a bid for freedom out of the cup (or succumbs to gravity) which means it comes away from the pad and I often end up very wet (I'm a leaker from the non-feeding boob in a big way!). I'm definitely not as pert as I once was and I need something to keep them in order a bit more grin

I've looked at the sports bra style in Mothercare as I thought maybe a bra with less definition might control the toppermost boob a bit better but thought I'd ask here for recommendations before parting with hard earned cash.

I'm not that big (38D in the M&S ones) but they're just suffering a bit with age and use smile

BerryLellow Thu 04-Aug-11 14:35:59

I used the mothercare pack of two crop top style ones. V comfy!

buttonmoon78 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:37:23

And do they keep things in place?!

BerryLellow Thu 04-Aug-11 14:42:15

I thought so, but then I wasn't hugely leaky so might not have noticed?

buttonmoon78 Thu 04-Aug-11 14:45:00

Hmm, ok. Might do a bit more research...

curlykate99 Thu 04-Aug-11 17:44:12

Which breast pads are you using? I had this problem but then stumbled upon Tommee Tippee ones which are much larger and seems to have solved the problem touch wood.

Popbiscuit Thu 04-Aug-11 17:49:03

Bravado nursing bras are perfect for nighttime. I think they have a UK website (Bravado UK). A bit pricey but they are indestructible; mine lasted through three kids....I loved them for wearing to bed (but not as much for day as I didn't find them very attractive-looking under clothing)

notnearlyasblondasiwas Thu 04-Aug-11 17:51:02

I have a noppies bra that i sleep in, i tried the crop tops but always had an escaping boob! Like this one: www.babye.co.uk/shopp825468851

SpannerPants Thu 04-Aug-11 21:45:25

Bravado do good vest tops as well which I wear to bed - they have an inbuilt crop-top which is supportive and holds them in well smile

Sossiges Thu 04-Aug-11 21:52:03

I have Anita cotton nursing bras, expensive but very controlling. Are you sure you're a 38D? If the cups are too small, norks do tend to fall out.

Devendra Fri 05-Aug-11 08:20:38

I ued crop top ones and sometimes would use a muslin square folded up on top of the breast pad for extra security

buttonmoon78 Fri 05-Aug-11 08:50:49

Righto - off to do some investigating. When ds will let me!

Thanks for all input!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now