Talk

Advanced search

One boob loads bigger than the other?!

(5 Posts)
peachplumpear Thu 04-Aug-11 13:52:48

Basically I've got a 10 day old ds who is feeding well now but at first he preferd one breast which is now loads bigger than the other one. What should I do?! Was thinking about feeding only from the other side for a day to even it up???

AchtungBaby Thu 04-Aug-11 14:04:36

No, don't do that, peachplumpear! It's important to keep using both sides in order to maintain your milk supply properly.

Just keep offering him both sides at every feed, and hopefully everything will settle down.

curlykate99 Thu 04-Aug-11 17:46:11

You might find this useful.

peachplumpear Thu 04-Aug-11 19:40:42

Thanks will try that now as one is huge compared to the other!! Seeing mw tomorrow so will ask for more advice smile

AchtungBaby Thu 04-Aug-11 19:59:08

Interesting link, curlykate99.

I've been a bit lopsided since BFing DS (now 11 months). I think it's because I'm right handed and therefore find a right handed cradle hold easier than a left handed one, and also because I got a very deep fissure in my left nipple when I began BFing.

I read a post by a MNer recently, who said that BFing got a lot easier for her when she gave up upsing one side, and that she might not even bother using the other side when she has her next baby shock. I still use both sides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now