Talk

Advanced search

Another amazing link from Dr Sears (night weaning the all-night nurser)

(4 Posts)
organiccarrotcake Thu 04-Aug-11 11:08:54

www.askdrsears.com/topics/sleep-problems/night-weaning-12-alternatives-all-night-nurser

Including my favourite ever quote at the end:

"Babies will wean and someday they will sleep through the night. This high maintenance stage of nighttime parenting will pass. The time in your arms, at your breast, and in your bed is a relatively short while in the life of a baby, yet the memories of love and availability last forever."

<wipes away tear>

Yesmynameis Thu 04-Aug-11 12:44:15

That's lovely smile

crikeybadger Thu 04-Aug-11 13:23:06

"Babies will wean and someday they will sleep through the night."

I remind myself of this every morning at 3am, 4.30am or 5am. smile

In my case "The time in your arms, at your breast, hanging on to the edge of your bed, being pinched and slapped is a relatively short while in the life of a baby."

grin

organiccarrotcake Thu 04-Aug-11 13:53:37

LOL badger. I have a solution to that. We have a 7 foot wide bed, and if it all gets too much I go to the spare room grin.

Generally, bub takes up about 6 feet, and DH & I cling to each other in the last few inches. He sleeps like a starfish. A wriggly one. He's quite cute though as he mooches around the bed looking for boobies and then falls asleep head first halfway between where he was, and I am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now