Talk

Advanced search

I had to breast feed a door stop last night.

(21 Posts)
Kveta Thu 04-Aug-11 10:32:29

DS now insists that I 'feed' one of his toys before he has his bed time feed - and last night it was a door stop we have which is in the shape of a dog grin

the night before it was my childhood teddy bear (which was all kinds of wrong, but hey ho).

He just brings the toy over and says 'Bilk?' hopefully, then holds it near my boob for a couple of seconds making 'eating' noises, before chucking the toy away and launching at me himself.

Do other toddlers do this? Please say I'm not the only freak who has to feed a toy before bed grin

runnyhabbit Thu 04-Aug-11 10:36:56

lolgrin

(ds2 stopped bf at 10mths, so have not experrienced this)

EauRouge Thu 04-Aug-11 10:39:10

Oh, I have fed many toys grin I tandem-fed DD1 and a small plastic cheetah through much of my pregnancy with DD2.

Kveta Thu 04-Aug-11 10:42:24

grin at 'a small plastic cheetah' grin was it a large plastic cheetah after months of milk?!

EauRouge Thu 04-Aug-11 10:45:27

No, there was no change in size. Perhaps I did experience supply problems during my pregnancy after all grin

Cheaptrick Thu 04-Aug-11 10:46:53

My son has tried it on with toys but i told him only he gets mummy milk and he seemed happy with that grin

organiccarrotcake Thu 04-Aug-11 13:17:08

PMSL

I've been asked to BF toys many times. Never a doorstop though. Weird. grin (totally just kidding).

It's lovely, isn't it smile

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 04-Aug-11 13:17:55

i've been pretending to bf ds's toys for a while. He's 17m and we're expecting dc2 soon and hope it will help him get his head round sharing "his" milk.

Turns out he's a very generous young man.

I've bf, at his behest, most of his toys plus a random selection of objects including the tv remote and some kitchen tongs. hmm

He too makes a pretend eating noise, he used it yesterday when he saw dh's nipples! shock

He also uses it when he pretends to be a dog and eat the dogs food.

He finds all of this hillarious, and i've loved seeing his imagination and sense of humor coming to life through it. grin

Kveta Thu 04-Aug-11 13:26:40

grin at feeding kitchen tongs. glad it's not just my child who is a bit odd! I am waiting for the day he tries to make me feed one of his cars, that wouldn't be at all surreal!

oh, I also caught DS trying to feed my teddy bear the other day - he was holding her up to his chest, shouting 'NIPPLE! at her. Toddlers are funny creatures grin

jaggythistle Thu 04-Aug-11 13:33:25

Aww. <feels left out>

DS (22.5 months)hasn't figured out that anything else could get a feed from Mummy's 'milks'. This appears to be their name, no boobs here.

He does like to drive cars on me while feeding though. Often stopping to give me useful commentary 'car drive mummy's elbow!'

Toddlers are cool smile smile

Kveta Thu 04-Aug-11 13:36:54

jaggythistle mine's 22 months too grin are you a (lapsed) september 09-er?

pretending to bfeed a toy is more bizarre than anything else, but also quite cute. Even DH (who is starting the 'he's too old for bmilk now!' mantra) admits it's cute when DS wants me to feed his doggie/door stop/monkey toys smile

jaggythistle Thu 04-Aug-11 13:40:16

i joined MN after DS was born, so by the time i worked out there was a Sept 09 thread I was too shy to join blush

I was on another (inferior but not NM ;) ) site during ttc and pregnancy but abandoned it after spending some time on here becoming addicted while on maternity leave. smile

Meita Thu 04-Aug-11 13:43:50

I opened the thread thinking it was a typo - bf ON a doorstEp is what I thought it was meant to say, and was wondering what had happened - you locked yourself out of your house or something? grin

The joys I have to look forward to! smile

ellmum Thu 04-Aug-11 13:44:20

I get used as a traintrack/road too. DD will look at me with 'that look' in her eye, rush off and find something plastic with wheels and then take a run up at me. I've convinced myself that this is preferable to having my nipples used as radio tuners (which I've read about on here and could not stand!) We don't have a name for bf'ing though, just a manic laugh and lots of grabbing - that gets the point across well enough.

OhHelpOhNo Thu 04-Aug-11 13:48:14

Hi, well I am a v lapsed Sept 09-er, keeping up with those threads as well as my toddler DD was a bit too much for me

I'm giggling out loud at feeding tongs and remotes, and although we have (blue gingham?!) dig door stop, as his head is almost falling off, DS 23m only requires me to feed a squashy hippo. DH has also been pressed into service to feed hippo too as well as "feeding" my DD when she pretends to be a baby like DS.....it is so funny

OhHelpOhNo Thu 04-Aug-11 13:49:29

Dig = dog, sorry

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 04-Aug-11 13:50:22

toddlers rock. "NIPPLE" grin

Kveta Fri 05-Aug-11 10:20:03

it's so nice to find out mine isn't the only freak child too grin

wobblyweeble82 Fri 05-Aug-11 10:26:19

Ahhh thats lovely Kveta grin

MissRee Fri 05-Aug-11 12:18:48

No bf experience here yet as I'm only 19 wks preg with my first but had to comment on this thread.

I have a 6 year old step son and we were explaining that when the baby comes along, I'm going to feed him from my boobies (he didn't know this was what they were for - shocking - as he just thought they were a source of amusement). Bearing in mind we were in the middle of a packed restaurant, he announced from the top of his lungs that he wanted to suck my "nibbles" and see if any milk came out!

I almost died of embarrassment before DP explained that the milk is "just for when baby comes along"!

jaggythistle Fri 05-Aug-11 12:40:44

grin at 'nibbles'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now