Talk

Advanced search

Green poo

(3 Posts)
Maggmoo Wed 03-Aug-11 14:50:42

my 16 week old breastfed baby has been doing green poos for over 10 days now, I have been back and forth to b/f cafe for advice so trying new feeding position and trying to make sure it's not a fore/ hind milk imbalance problem. Baby happy and gaining weight, I am more bothered by it than she is. Poo varies from spinachy green to lighter green and there is lots of it. Any suggestions?

midori1999 Wed 03-Aug-11 15:16:31

I am no expert and so have no idea if this is true, but recently read that during hot weather breast milk becomes more 'watery' and can mean greenish poos as a result. It also seems to make sense that if a baby was feeding more for 'drinks' during hot periods that they would naturally takein more foremilk and that could make poos greener, but I may be totally wrong there.

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 03-Aug-11 19:54:26

DD did green poo like mint sauce when she was around 4 months. I went to GP and had to scrape some into a sample pot, but it came back ok from the tests. She was quite colicky around the same time, but it sounds like your baby is fine.

It was winter time. I have no idea about the hot weather theory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now