Talk

Advanced search

8 mo dropping middle of day feed - when?!

(6 Posts)
pollyr01 Mon 01-Aug-11 13:30:41

Hello ladies, my dd is 8 months old and ebf. She is on 3 feeds a day now (wake up, after lunchtime nap and before bed). She is starting nursery shortly and will have to give up the middle feed for those days (tried EVERYTHING but she won't take milk - any sort - from anything else)....so I was just wondering, when roughly do most babies stop the middle feed and go onto just 2 feeds a day?
She is on 3 x solid meals, takes water from a sippy cup no probs and sleeps through the night for a good long chunk. ie 11 hours.

okiecokie Mon 01-Aug-11 13:51:25

My DS dropped it around 14 months. My DD isn't very interested in it now and she is 8.5 months.

AngelDog Mon 01-Aug-11 21:44:36

DS is still on about 7 feeds a day at 18 months, but that's not much help to you. wink

She may take milk from someone at nursery even if she won't for you.

TruthSweet Tue 02-Aug-11 00:13:45

The thing is there is no pattern for children when growing up (as nice as it would be!) they are all very different.

FWIW I don't think mine dropped middle of the day feeds (note plural) until much closer to 2, though DD3 is less interested and prone to not feeding in the day (but making up for it in the early morning hmm) at 21m than my older two. Even then they could still feed more often if they felt like it so might have 6 or 7 feeds in a day if in all day/ill/upset about something/or just want extra snuggles smile

Yesmynameis Tue 02-Aug-11 08:19:00

My 9mo dd still takes around 4-5 good bf in 24 hours, but she has a little friend who has been down to 2 bf a day since around 8.5 mo and still sleeps through.

There seems to be a massive variation in the amount of bf p/day in babies around this age.

But if your baby is having x3 good solids and water from a cup that may well be enough for her during the day. Can you look to change your routine so that you still do 3 bf but say one first thing, one as soon as you collect from nursery and one at bedtime? Or squeeze in an extra one when you drop her off at nursery or something similar that suits you both

An0therName Tue 02-Aug-11 18:41:10

my DS2 doesn't have any milk in child care and hasn't had any since 9 months or so - he wants a feed when I pick him up from childminders through

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now