Talk

Advanced search

I've just killed off my second breast pump. Can anyone recommend a more resilient one?

(5 Posts)
BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Sat 30-Jul-11 16:01:25

My Medela Mini electric died on me last year, and the motor on my Avent Isis just gave up the ghost. Where do I go from here?

EauRouge Sat 30-Jul-11 16:05:48

Hello!

Have you tried hand expressing? It takes a little while to get the hang but then you don't need to bugger about washing and re-assembling anything. There's a good video here or you can just practice in the bath and see what happens, that's how I learnt to do it. My aim is still really crappy though hmm grin

BreastmilkDoesAFabLatte Sat 30-Jul-11 16:58:43

Wow, it really does work! Next question, though... how can I get an hour alone in the bath? grin

CMOTdibbler Sat 30-Jul-11 18:34:24

Ameda Lactaline - mine got used an awful lot and was still going strong when I sold it

motherinferior Sat 30-Jul-11 18:36:04

Second Ameda Lactaline: it gets the milk out at the stage when your baby is feeding less so you're producing less. Failing that, go for an Avent handpump.

(I once reviewed 14, yes, FOURTEEN breast pumps for a baby magazine. I was the MN Breastpump Expert for about 18 months.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now