Advanced search

aaargh dd 2 suddenly bf obsessed

(10 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sat 30-Jul-11 07:40:57

feeding all night
within an hour of getting up rejected breakfast and wanted bf
driving me mad!

exoticfruits Sat 30-Jul-11 07:48:12

Don't do it! Mothers have rights too-mainly the right to sleep. Give her water in the night.She is old enough to explain to.

exoticfruits Sat 30-Jul-11 07:49:18

At 2 yrs I would put it by the bed and say that if she wakes in the night she can give herself a drink of water. Nights are for sleeping.

StealthPolarBear Sat 30-Jul-11 07:58:07

she has water, but wants bf.For the sake of getting myself back to bed and not waking everyone else in the house I let her. She hasn't always been this bad though she has only slept through twice - other nights she tends to be up at 1/2

exoticfruits Sat 30-Jul-11 08:17:00

Of course she would prefer bf and make a fuss, but at 2 yrs old she is old enough to understand. She is in a habit (a very pleasant one for her), she will need training to get into a different one i.e. how to get herself back to sleep.

StealthPolarBear Sat 30-Jul-11 09:56:06

I know you're right sad I just don't seem to have the energy/patience to do it at the moment, But it's only going to get worse.
I did exactly the same with DS, and thought he was demanding but he was better by the age of 2. TBH it' not the actual feeding I mind, it's the fact that once she's latched on she doesn't let go! if she finished and let ho & went to sleep I'd be happy.

exoticfruits Sat 30-Jul-11 10:22:49

Any chance of sending her off to grandparents for the weekend?

TheRealMBJ Sat 30-Jul-11 11:32:30

Oh, I am sorry you are feeling so stressed stealth sad

Stealth has something changed at home? Is she feeling under the weather? Are her 2yo molars coming through?

I'm would bet that this is a phase or a response to something external and not something you necessarily need to 'stamp out'.

StealthPolarBear Sat 30-Jul-11 13:05:22

She has just been actually, last weekend or weekend before. She sleeps much better for them so she is capable of it.

You're probably right and this is growth spurt, molars etc. Since this morning she has been fine - better than fine actally - so hopefully it was just a bad period

mawbroon Sat 30-Jul-11 14:38:12

aw Stealth, it's hard isn't it. sad

FWIW, I believe when they have times like this, it really is a need for them to nurse during the night. Not a nutritional one of course, but an emotional one. And a drink of water doesn't do a lot for meeting emotional needs IMO.

It will pass.

Have you tried the Pantley pull off to get her unlatched?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now