Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

refuses bottle and return to work is looming

(4 Posts)
SAS25 Fri 29-Jul-11 21:36:42

I go back to work in four weeks when baby will be 5 months, problem is she refuses a bottle and my partner has been away so occasionally others have tried with a little success but now, she refuses. i work a shift day of long hours and small company with no private space to express. I am seriously worried about how baby and I will cope. how can i persuade her to take a bottle over next few weeks? or should i skip and go straight to a cup. she is four months today.

Mampig Fri 29-Jul-11 23:13:33

Hi there! Have u tried different bottles? Nuk are supposed to be good. My ds will take Tommie tippee and thankfully all good so far! If that doesn't work I'd probably go straight to cup if it was me! The others here will probably have more suggestions!!

SAS25 Sat 30-Jul-11 12:19:09

thanks very much for that idea, will get one!

Anyone know how is best for my partner to introduce the bottle to 18 week baby? Is it true she wont take one from me any more? she occasionally did up until three weeks ago.

Is there a best time of day and hunger stage? she is a happy gina ford baby.

Any experience of similar stage and predicament?

I feel baffled by the wealth of conflicting advice. S

hould we try a bottle feed after i have BF her some of her feed or try and bottle her a little before she expects it and so isnt so hungry or wait for the "i'm Starving" feed me time?

thanks for all messages xx

Pumble Sun 31-Jul-11 20:06:54

My 18 week old daughter wouldn't take a bottle either but as soon as she turned 4 months I tried her on a Tommee Tippee Tip It Up Cup. She took to this straight away and although we haven't done full feeds on this, she still drinks from it happily and gets excited when she sees the cup. I tend to give her the cup and then BF her but this will change and we have only done it a few times. Interestingly I tried her on a different cup and she screamed straight away. I don't know if these cups have worked for others but definitely brilliant for us! Just be careful with the angle and where your DC tongue is as otherwise, there is too much milk which goes everywhere - this is pretty much trial and error but straight-forward once you get the hang of it. Hope this makes sense! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now