Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

14 wk old not interested in feeds

(6 Posts)
greatoceanroad Fri 29-Jul-11 10:47:32

My ds will be 14 weeks tomorrow. For the last few days he had been lossing interest in his day time feeds. He is ff and has been having 210ml five times a day, sleeping from 7:30pm to between 5 & 6 am. I am worried now that he is not getting enough.

He had his first feed this am at 5:30 and I have tried to give him another at 9:30 but he just crys.

Any ideas? Thanks

crikeybadger Fri 29-Jul-11 12:02:02

What is his output like greatoceanroad? Is he having plenty of wet nappies?

Maybe he is coming down with something or starting to teethe? I would think that 4 hours between a feed is getting on for being a long time, but I'm guessing here.

I would suggest you speak to your hv or GP if you are worried.

greatoceanroad Fri 29-Jul-11 12:57:45

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. He is having plenty of wet and dirty nappies. I am wondering if he is just too distracted to feed maybe because he fine with his morning and evening feeds.

YogaMummy2B Fri 29-Jul-11 15:30:28

Try not to worry, my LO is approx 16 lbs & 16 weeks old and some days will not eat much during day, she tends to want to feed to sleep and will often cluster feeds in the morning or afternoon/evening when she wants to go for a nap/down for the night.
I was trying to follow the 7oz 5 times a day guidance by spacing out every 3 hours or so, but turns out she hadn't read the formula packet and didn't like that idea for her!!
Some feeds she will have 5-6 oz and some she will have 8oz. I guess it is the same as us, I couldn't eat a steak dinner at breakfast time.
I BF her for 6 weeks & never had a clue what she ate, so as soon as I relaxed thinking about the no. of oz she was consuming and followed her queues she ate loads more.
If your LO isn't ill then perhaps at 14 weeks has decided to eat when he wants?!
My DD has followed this pattern today -
8.30 - 7.5oz 45 min nap
11.15 - 6oz
13.00 - 7oz been sleeping for over an hour now (sometimes will sleep for nearly 3!!)
Hope that ramble made some sense?

YogaMummy2B Fri 29-Jul-11 20:00:50

Just incase you are still about, to update - didn't have next feed until after 5pm - 7oz & 7.30 - 5oz. Now asleep & will hopefully stay that way until 7am!
How has today been?

greatoceanroad Sat 30-Jul-11 15:25:08

Sorry for delay in coming back, yesterday wasn't great really. He had a feed at 4pm and then I tried to feed him again at 7 for his final feed but he was having none of it. He just wanted to go to bed. I let him, thinking that he would wake for a feed early, but he slept through to 5.30 this morning. Had 10oz this morning and not showing a great deal of interest again today. He had 5oz at 11 and another 5oz around 2. He seems fine other then that so I'm just going to feed him as and when he wants it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now