Talk

Advanced search

Rash/Eczema on Breasts?

(2 Posts)
midori1999 Thu 28-Jul-11 13:58:59

I am breastfeeding and have noticed in the last few days a scaly rash a bit like eczema on the skin just at the edge of my areola, but not on the areola.

Has anyone had this or does anyone maybe know if it's related to BF?

4madboys Thu 28-Jul-11 14:09:22

i have had this both when bfeeding and when not, infact i have it at the moment, bet you wanted to know that grin

i think i got it more when bfeeding as you get slobber on your breasts, esp if baby pulls on and off etc. i used to treat it with a mild moisturiser or sometimes a bit of breastmilk.

i see a consultant for my eczema and saw one who helpfully told me it would just get loads worse when bfeeding so not to bother...really good for my baby when there is a family history of allergies, eczema, asthma and hayfever hmm i ignored him and tho it was often VERY itchy and meant i was prone to thrush it never interfered with feeding and to help discourage thrush i would gently wipe my breasts with cotton wool that i dipped in a mixture of bicarb of soda and boiled water smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now