Talk

Advanced search

Help for James Hazell

(10 Posts)
mrsgordonfreeman Tue 26-Jul-11 12:10:06

James Hazell is a BBC Radio Suffolk DJ was slapped over the wrist (not hard enough imo) for comparing breastfeeding in a restaurant to having sex in public.

This is an interesting comparison and one I've heard before.

So I did a table to compare breastfeeding, and sex, to eliminate any confusion between the two. They are so very similar, after all, that this particular chap may need some help. I have assumed that the breastfeeding is between a woman and baby, and the sex is between two consenting adults with no special equipment involved.

BREASTFEEDING
Feeding a baby nourishing human milk from a breast
Right to feed in a restaurant protected by UK law
Possible to feed discreetly without anyone noticing
Involves boobies
Cannot be performed by a male DJ and spouse
Necessary for health and well being of child
Normal

SEX
Any one of a variety of conjunctions twixt human adult genitalia
Illegal to do in a restaurant
Difficult to do discreetly without anyone noticing
Can involve boobies
Can be performed by a male DJ and spouse
Necessary for health and well being of adults
Normal. Not normal to do it in a restaurant.

I hope that's of some assistance.

tiktok Tue 26-Jul-11 12:49:06

smile smile

The irritating thing is they think no stupid idiot person has ever compared the two before in this way, and they are being ever so provocatively witty and original in doing so.

Also see:

"breastfeeding is natural but so is urinating and you would not do that in public" - hahahahahaha, my aching sides.

"I don't want to see naked breasts when I am having my lunch" biscuit

"you wouldn't change the baby's nappy on the restaurant table" (seen here on mumsnet recently confused

and so on and on and on. Grow up, why doncha?!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Tue 26-Jul-11 13:28:39

one can only imagine that said dj has little experience of either breastfeeding or sex.

mrsgordonfreeman Tue 26-Jul-11 14:56:03

It doesn't need an analogy. Milk's milk.

Muser Tue 26-Jul-11 15:11:12

I read someone once that you shouldn't feed in public because the baby hadn't consented and might be embarrassed. Or something equally dimwitted. And if I read one more person say "just express and take a bottle" I swear I will go crazy.

LaTristesse Tue 26-Jul-11 15:52:15

He sounds like an arsehole...

OhHelpOhNo Tue 26-Jul-11 15:55:27

Great post OP, words just fail me about how ignorant and obnoxious some people are.....

startail Tue 26-Jul-11 16:00:39

Miser I wouldn't have feed my eternally BF DD in public, because she would have beenblush

startail Tue 26-Jul-11 16:01:32

Muser sorry I'm sure I told that not to autocorrect

crikeybadger Tue 26-Jul-11 16:50:02

Great list MrsGordonFreeman- are you going to send it to him for future reference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now